Factor Four Magazine, Issue 9, March 2022 (free to read)
How much is too much to pay for your mistakes?
In this wide-ranging self-published collection of ten short stories set in the Pacific Northwest, Heather Kilbourn takes us on emotional journeys that map the terrain of human experience from bedroom communities to the tops of mountains.
In space, no one can hear you grep.
So far it’s been a routine colony certification, but Dr. Rapan has uncovered something amazing on the planet below – tantalizing fossils that will re-write the history books and inflate his first settler’s bonus. But before he can report his findings, his research is interrupted and his family is torn away from him.
Besides contributing a significant amount of new content for v2, Heather designed the layout and shifted it from a dry, text-heavy document to a visual artifact using the Metro design system. Microsoft almost printed these to hand out at developer events but alas, budgets were cut, and it was distributed as a PDF. Heather still has one of the only two hard copy galley proofs produced and considers it an achievement to have created a physical object at a software company.
by Stephanie J. Cooper
With both text and illustration, Body + Being: How we age offers a system-by-system look at the physiology behind the visible signs of aging that we all experience.
- Starting a Business, Business Planning, MacTech Magazine
- Starting a Business, Life Change Ahead, MacTech Magazine
- Starting a Business, Pursuing the Dream, MacTech Magazine
- Review: VisualRoute, Java tool for graphically displaying traceroute information, MacTech Magazine
- From Here to Timbuktu, A venerable tool is updated for OS X, MacTech Magazine
- Multihoming Your Network Using the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), MacTech Magazine