Interested in working with me at Microsoft on the next-generation Office developer website? My team has ambitious plans to dramatically change the site experience and I’m looking for someone to help code the experience.
The job requisition will be open soon-ish but I’m interested in gathering interested candidates now so we can hit the ground running.
Contact me via Twitter or at email@example.com.
Here’s the job description:
Senior Content Engineer – Front-end Web Developer
Do you love building website experiences that are beautiful and interactive? Do you start thinking immediately how to code wireframed interaction models? Do you love being a part of the iterative design process? Want to work on a high-visibility developer web property that is a locomotive for the new Microsoft?
The Office Developer Content Publishing Site Experiences Team is looking for a web developer with great technical depth to help us engineer web experiences for Office.com/developer. We need a creative problem solver willing to take on challenges and help us code innovative solutions for content delivery in a variety of formats including articles, videos, and dynamic, interactive experiences.
- Perform debugging, testing, and bug-fixing
- Participate in planning and design reviews
- 4+ years web development or related software development experience working in a continuous deployment environment
- Comfort with using prototyping and design tools and converting comps and wireframes into code
- Experience working with XML, XSLT, DTD/XSD
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience deploying websites to Microsoft Azure strongly desired
- Experience building interactive controls strongly desired
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn, document, and apply new technologies, tools, and publishing processes
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across multiple teams–within and external to our organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field is preferred but real-world working code is more important
- Please provide a portfolio for review
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.